Friday, October 7, 2022

Taylor Swift says, in an unusual statement, of her relationship with Joe Alwyn of six years

 

Taylor Swift says, in an unusual statement, of her relationship with Joe Alwyn of six years


Regarding her six-year relationship with Joe Alwyn, Taylor Swift made a rare public statement, stating that they had had to "dodge odd rumors."

In a video posted to her Instagram on Friday, the 32-year-old singer highlighted the first song, "Lavender Haze," that will be included on her new album, Midnights, and opened up about her relationship with her British actor partner.

She explained how the statement refers to "love" while acknowledging that she came up with the song's title while watching Mad Men and researching the word online.

And it turns out that it was a frequent expression used in the 1950s to simply indicate being in love, according to Swift. "Being in the 'lavender haze' means being enveloped in that all-pervasive love light. And I found that to be incredibly lovely.

According to the "All Too Well" singer, when someone is in a "lavender haze," they will "theoretically" do everything to maintain that state and won't let "people" disrupt that mood.

In light of this, she discussed how using the internet when "in love" can have detrimental effects.

We live in the era of social media, and if the world finds out if you're in love with someone they're going to weigh in on it, she said. "I think that a lot of people have to deal with this now, not just like 'public personalities,'" she said.

Her personal dating history was then brought up, and she continued, "Like my relationship for six years, we've had to battle crazy rumors, tabloid stuff, and we just ignore it. The act of disregarding those crap in order to preserve the true stuff is what this song is about.

One of the most popular rumors that has circulated over the years about the couple is that they secretly got engaged. Although Alwyn accepted the rumors in an interview with the WSJ Magazine in April, he also said that if he was engaged, he wouldn't make a public announcement about it.

If I had a pound for each time I believe I have been informed that I am engaged, he added, "I'd have a lot of pound coins." "I mean, the fact is, I wouldn't say if the response was yes, and I wouldn't say if the response was no."

Alwyn, who has been dating the "Bad Blood" singer since 2017, has mentioned that he doesn't want to discuss his relationship in public before.

“It’s just not for other people. And I don’t say that with aggression. I don’t know how best to talk about it,” he told The Guardian in April. “I mean, I’m aware of people’s… of that size of interest, and that world existing. It’s just not something I particularly care about, or have much interest in feeding, I guess, because the more it’s fed, the more you are opening a gate for intrusion.”


No comments:

Post a Comment